Friday, February 9, 2007

Daily Update

It was a cold dark night. Two and a half hours after sunset. Partially cloudy skys, with a humidity level of around 62%, visibility just over 3 miles. I had just gotten off work. Another busy day in the office of a designer. I was on my way to the Brentwood country club. It was a Thursday evening, and I was on my way to go running. I had planned out this run a little more than I had others. Preparing differently that I had in the past, I felt like a champion. I got there, I stretched, I started. Off to a good start, I noticed someone running not to far in front of me. Now, I hate following people, and people following me, so I decided to be the cool-guy, and sprint right by them, showing off my athletic prowess. I was like a baby tiger. It took about two and a half minutes, but I finally over took the girl(I just passed her, I didn't jump her or anything). I was like the great predator on the massive Serengeti plane. I then felt that I was in charge of the track. She wasn't to far behind, but I was in the lead. the whole time I was thinking how much better I was doing than last time. although the first wall hit me pretty hard, about 1 minute into the run. But I had a target, so I didn't pay any attention to any tiredness. It lasted about nine minutes. Apparently the she-devil-tigress was jealous of my leading capabilities. as soon as I turned the corner onto South Burlingame Av. She accelerated around the corner and took the lead. Not wanting to make a fool of myself, and realizing my own tiredness, I just kept the same pace. Oh ya, did I mention that this was an up hill battle? well, it was. And this he-devil kicked my ass. I realized how tired I was at that point, and even considered walking for a stretch. The only reason I didn't was cause I was very pressed for time, and had to be back to my place at 7:50. It was painful, but I completed the corse. She must have really taken off, in a fit of anger, or she ended early; like getting in a car and driving to the finish line, making me still
the better athleate. :) I didn't see her the rest of the trek. It was indeed odd going from preditor to prey, then back to just running for dignity. So I was like the Zebra who didn't think there was any danger, so I just galloped along not expecting the lioness to jump from the bushes behind me and attack like that! My oh my the lessons we learn.

My only excuse for that performance is cause I decided to give myself a quick warm up session of working out; you know, the usual: push ups, sit ups, and dumbbell curls. I typically do that only on Mon, and Wednesdays, but I was feeling lucky. I compared my efforts to real life. I mean when are you actually going to have to run great distances. For fun?! ya right. The metaphor for this act was if I had just gotten in a fight (workout on arms, stomach, etc) and then having to run for my life, (either from a pursuer, or the cops.) maybe next time I'll re-inact the metaphor of me having to chase someone down THEN fight them. And the time after that will be me hiding where no one can find me(bed).

I'm listening to Chris Isaak right now.

After our Ward's late night temple trip Jeff and I drove thru the Jack n the box Drive thru. I'm not sure why he thought it would be a quick trip. They have NEVER been fast at that place. So he literally starts freaking out 3 min into the wait, and starts wanting to yell at someone. (Don't they know who he is?!) Then when at the window he tried speaking real loud so they might hear, so I had to turn up the Def Lepard Album that was in my car. So my music annoyed him enough to temporarally forget about his stomach. You know how some girls say guys think with their 'other' heads? well Jeffery ,I believe, thinks with his stomach first and foremost.

Their apartment just bought a fridge from a smoker. Of all the free/cheap fridges they've turned down they choose this stinky one. I can't wait to make fun of them some more about it.

I have some sort of meeting on Saturday morning at 8 freaking AM. I feel bad missing another one, but come on! 8 am isn't natural. There wasn't ever meant to be an 8 am! The clocks should go from 1am to 9am at least.

In video game land, I met the Gray Fox. He's the leader of the Thieves Guild. He likes me, cause I'm the best at what I do, in everything. His identity is shrouded in secret. I think I will soon kill him, just to make the game interesting.

I hope to start my painting for Jeremy.

Also on my way to running Kami called again. I was expecting her to desperatly need help agian, but luckily no. Apparently I still have her only spare car key, which may have been forgotten weeks ago. oops.

Hopefully this weekend is exciting.

No comments: