Monday, April 30, 2007

daily update

My weekend started a little late. I was helping my boss with a project that I think was more 'extra-caricular'. Interesting though. But then a bunch of us kids met up and then caravaned down to Chris N' Pitts. This trip was in honor of Renee leaving. There wern't that many of us, only 9 this time. I think it's half the number that we had last time. It was just as good. It was Bethany's, and Trisha's first time, as well as Renee's two friends. It really had been a while since we'd been there. But don't you worry, the staff there remembered us, well, me anyway. Me and my apron/attitude and my 'Onion Dream Circles'. wow was it good. Kristen brought a special t-shirt for Renee, so we could draw on her shirt with the special BBQ sauce. It was great. We all drew everywhere; except me, It wasn't me who placed two hand prints in the 'front' (if you know what I mean)! Contrary to what Renee is telling everyone. The best part was when we got the staff there to sign it as well. I'm sure they're laughing at us for being raving lunatics. But who cares.

On the way home Kristen drove my car. She likes to drive fast. I'm just glad that my car only has 5 gears and not 6, otherwise we would have been home a lot faster! I'm not saying that I was 'white-knuckling' it the whole time, its just that before then I had only seen Ms. Packman played on a screen, not lived it. (You Go Girl!)

On Saturday, after an early morning wake up call from Plewe; he Evan and I went for an early morning 'wake up' jog, well, wake-up jog for me anyway. I was doing well, until my stomach reminded me very quickly that I still had BBQ Ribs in my belly, oh boy. Therefore I was not able to go the whole disance as fast as I normally do. Both Evan and Plewe did quite well. For the last little bit of the race, I had to limp along as an injured water buffalo. Luckily the other two were there for encouragement. And all the track predators were still asleep.

So much for a sleep-in, but I went to Josh's track meet at USC in the afternoon. It was a nice sunny southern california day. Mild winds, low barometric pressure, and increased temperature. Jeff and 'Justin' came with. The second I saw jeff walk out of his building as I was picking them up, I realized it was a complete mistake to bring him along! Scott was fine, wearing normal acceptable clothing. But Jeff was his 'extra-Medium' sized UCLA t-shirt, and his throw-back style ucla 'Cap'(which looked like a hand out), and for all I know he was sporting ucla boxers and socks too. Not only that, but he was walking way to close to me the entire time. I would slow down or stop and continually tell him that I'll catch up in a second. I could tell that I was getting a lot of weird looks from people on 'My Team'. Also in his normal voice (outdoor voice) he would try to get me to follow him as he would inch his way down the fence were we were standing. But I would have none of that. I wasn't sure who to route for, other than Josh, so I was yelling at most everyone, including a ucla track coach (oops). After josh was done, the two kids tried to usher me out (cause they were getting really sunburned). Trisha was there too (she asks to many questions. She and my mother should hang out and thrill eachother with unanswerable questions for extended periods of time, they would love it together). Then we raced home so I could set up for the Gong show.

The second I got to the church I was super busy; setting up, rehersing, and organizing, etc. But it all got off to a good start. Russ Ryan Tait, and I sung 'Kiss the Girl' from the Little Mermaid movie to two kids. It was hilarious! We organized it so each of us popped up from behind a couch at different intervals. Absoloutly hystarical.

No comments: