Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Daily Update

Oh boy, let me tell you about the joy of this thing called 'speed dating'. what the
crap?! the only other time I had heard of this happening is in the movies, or at
school( except at school it was hosted by the gay/lesbo/by/and trany club, so I sure
don't know anyone who went). It was conducted by a retarded nerd! he was either a
lawyer or a computer science nerd. And they didn't set up enough chairs or tables,
so a bunch of people had to stand for part of it. Lots of people showed up.
whoever planned it took some bad advice in the procedures; but then again... I think
this whole thing was meant for the ladies. guys would just sit there and every
three minutes they would scream/kakel into the microphone for the chicks to move, so
they got to make the selection. Also what was studid, they kicked everyone out at
10 (we started at 8-8:30) so no hang out time either. And then there were the
'Couples' who had to just come to see the spectacle. Now even I referred to some
singles wards in Utah as Meat Markets, I've never been a fan of the term, or idea.
It was a whole lot of weird awkwardness. And we only had time to talk with 14
people each, which was maybe 10-20% of the opposing gendered crowd. But lucky for
me the people I liked talking to most were the people I already knew. It was like a
break for both of us, cause we already had somewhere to start. But then, to some,
I'd ask more questions n stuff. it was nice for that reason. ( I was sitting next
to Jeff and Plewe, I think Plewe was really lookin ((if you know what I mean)), and
Jeff may have been a little to serious. I didn't sit next to him to hear his
conversations, but I'm pretty sure he had a list of prep questions.) I ended up not
wearing Star Trek paraphernalia, and tried just to act normal around most people.
My answers were dull, and non revealing. (sorry. no hot steamy revalations to
admit.)

so at 10:30 we made our way over to the Jess/Kam/Jen Suite for the Bye Bye Robbie
party. it was nice, a bunch of people I didn't know. We hung out for about an
hour, then left as everyone started wanting to watch 24. I think Kamillia got
pissed when I started helping myself to her ice cream. Oh Well. the cookies ran
out to early.

Jeff said that Plewe was pretty serious about a vacation in September to Europe. So
when I got home I forwarded him a travelzoo advertisement that had fares to London
for 150 bones.

I got home and actually finished putting my dresser together around 2am. Now I just
need to find somewhere to put it, and then use it. which means intensive cleaning.
Oh boy.

8:30 came rather early.

No comments: