Thursday, February 22, 2007

Daily Update

First off, my apoligies if you got two copies of yesterday's update. I completely
blame my internet. And due to the fact that it sometimes takes about an hour for me
to craft these little bundles of in-box joy, that could have had something to do
with it as well.

Yesterday I got an email from Mel Karmazin, CEO of Sirius Satalite radio. He just
wanted to mention that Sirius and XM (competitor) were thinking about a merger and
he just wanted to get my opinion, and if I had any suggestions for him. Similarly,
I recieved just this morning an email from David Neeleman, CEO of JetBlue Airlines.
He sent out an email to all of his company apoligizing for last weeks debockel. But
he sent me one as well asking if I had any other suggestions other than what we had
already spoken about earlier in the week. I'm feeling pretty high and mighty
dealing with all these CEO big shots. [i sigh as I put my feet up on my desk while
clasping my hands behind my head with a big 'crap-eatin grin' on my face].

p.s. My boss got business cards for me today. Wow, hey everybody, come and see how
cool I am. Oh wait, but that means more responsibility... oh boy. I'm not sure
I'm ready for it yet.

So after work I was considering going for a victory run for the previous day, but on
the way to consider that I stopped by Diddy Reese (cookie store). Oops. I'm not
positive, but when I got up to the counter, instead of saying "can I help you sir",
I swear the guy said "what do you want Fatty?" Everyone there has a thick
spanish/mexican accent, so I could be wrong, but hey... thats what I heard, I sware!
Then I get home and decide to talk with Eric about how great American Idol has
been lately. Then I started 'Fighting the Battle of my Life'. Then Jeff called.
It was about that point that I realized that my 'Victory Lap', was turning into a
'Victory Sit-down'. And tonight I have something else, so maybe tomorrow.

At Jeff's, after Panda Express beckoned me, I started telling Evan what my plans
were for his 'batchelor' party. oh ya, Mary was there too. He he he. We were then
talking about this years performance of the Gong Show. Its going to be pretty hard
to top last seasons 'River Dance', but I think we have a few hidden gems:)

I then woke up to a lovely European morning. I forgave my alarm clock. We're still
on the rocks, but I expect a full recovery after a few days.

No comments: