Thursday, February 1, 2007

Daily Update

I was contemplating last night whether stuff happens to me becuase I report it here
in my Daily Updates, or just that I have the chance to report it cause it happens.
The later would mean that people who don't keep journals or diaries have boring
lives. Or is it just that people who don't write it down forget it, thus think
their lives are boring. Hmmm.

Kami phoned me at 5:40 last night, right before I was going home. Right then I
figured she needed something. I mean we've had lunch before, but that late?,
something was up. In our short 1 min. 31 second conversation half the time she was
giggling/laughing (trying her hardest to cover something up[pain]),and the other
half she was 'super-stressed/under lots of pressure/something was the matter' type
voice. She apparently couldn't walk due to an earlier incident with smashing her
foot in a car door. Ouch. (simillarly, kind of like the time by brother smashed my
left middle finger in the door of our old grey Oldsmobile station wagon when we
lived in Boise. Thats right Joe I still remember.) So I felt bad for her, and could
relate; car doors are painful. I drove her home.

Also last night Ewa called, (from school)and invited me to a get-to-gether they were
having for the old classmates. So I thought it would be cool, so I entertained the
idea. Then when I called for directions, I realized it was at a Bar. I've recently
tried to limit the Bar visits that i partake in, but it has been a while, so I
begrudgenly went. It turned out that it wasnt' everyone from my class, it was just
a random open invite that only the three girls showed up to. They're nice and all,
but ... you just have to know them to understand. (ps, the waitress had really nice
skin, and was showing a lot of it.)

Meanwhile, I had been texting and calling people to rescue me with an excuse as to
why I should leave this bar hopping girl party. Luckily Kristen came to the rescue
and said that she and Sara were going to be watching TV. So I abruptly left the bar
scene to realize that the Santa Monica PD are alive and well when it comes to
handing out parking tickets.

TV watching at KA's was fun. We watched American Idol. How teriffic. I now know
exactly why that show is americas favorite for the third straight year in a row.
Some people are just insane and shameless. I honestly thought for a second that I
could sing better than some of those people!

Eventually the girls got tired so I left, and on the way out Jessica and I chatted
it up out on the curb for a bit, you know, gossip.

tonight we're supposed to go celebrate Scott's B-day. I hope something exciting
happens so I can report it tomorrow to you all.

No comments: