Monday, May 7, 2007

Daily Update

Right now I am thinking that I may have an idea of what the Pioneers felt like after my adventures this weekend.

A burnt, hungry, tattered figure sits in his chair typing away, while the rest of his office clicks away on their mouses, doing work, listening to music, or talking on the phone. The slurping sound echoes in his orange juice cup as he tries to sip down some 'healthiness' before his shaking body goes into 'sick' mode. It has already started down that path, but by pumping vitamins into his system he hopes to pull to a quicker recovery. He's leaning back in his chair, feet up onto the chair next to him. Even imagining the sensation of relief as the blood eases out of his feet is relaxing, but even to use his neighbor's chair as a footstool is just bliss. That is how he tries to spend most of his day, ignoring the world falling to shambles around him. He opens his eyes in order to fight back the sleep that is attacking, and again he starts to click like the rest of them.

Friday night started early, it was around lunch time on friday when me and the girls went to lunch. We went to BJ's. Mmmm. You all can probably guess that I got BBQ Chicken Pizza. Jen was our waitress. That's prob. why it took so long. I'm sure she remembered me from before. How can you not remember me at any restaurant? I say that my night started early because I was pretty worthless after lunch time. I left at the stroke of 6, which I felt really good about, but I'm pretty sure that they didn't like it. Jessica and her Stunt Double and I were going to go to a
movie, but then at the last minute, a few other people wanted to come, but later. So we postponed our adventure till later. That was actually great, cause we then had a chance to hang out a bit, catch my breath, and also go shopping. At the store someone mentioned Rice Krispy Treats, and after I realized it wasn't code talk for anything, I thought it was a GREAT idea. So we landed back at Jessica's flat to make these delight some morsels of goodness. With a little help from a phone call to Brandzilla, these treats turned out spectacular. I could hardly contain myself. And as an added bonus I also purchased M&M's to throw in the mix, after all, these were for the Bake sale the next day, and I was going for the kids attention. while the parents would check out the clothes, the kids could check out the treat table, then run to their parents and cry if they wouldn't buy. It was brilliant.

After the Garage sale, the remaining faithful kids put everything away, and/or took it all to Goodwill. I didn't realize how exhausted I was until I tried to eat lunch afterward with Renee. I was literally to tired to eat. I would stare blankly at my burrito, and wonder to myself , what is this thing in front of me, and what is the most energy efficient way of ingesting it. Almost to tired to talk, I thought of any other way than chewing. But there was no other way.

In my utterly kaputt state, I was reminded of a duty that Josh passed to me while he was at his track meet. He asked me to prep the stake-center for the baptism that evening. I had about 10-15 min. to get home, change, shower, sleep, anything else, so it happened quick. Jimmy was using the shower to dry stuff, so that got ruled out. Clothes were mostly in a pile on my floor, so that was quick, and by then I was already running late. And traffic was slow. When it rains it pours, right. But it went well. Lots of people were late, so it wasn't all that bad.

Then after rushing everyone out of the building, and apparently its the temporary-stand-in Ward Mission Leaders job to clean up to, so I had to do that. then kicked the missionaries out, then raced over to my place to get ready for Renee's Party.

It was a delightful party. Lots of people. good amounts of food. It all worked out as we all had planned. Good Job team. A special thanks to: Kristen for hosting, Trisha for the flowers, Michelle for the projector, Dan for the music, Russ Rob and Jim for the performance, Jessica for the slideshow, and Renee for the reason. And anyone else too. It lasted late into the night, like usual.

(for those of you who weren't there: its started quietly, but it was 'happening' by 8:30. We had a picture slide show of mostly embarrassing pics of Renee, which was projected onto the wall/ceiling. I had painted a poster-paint mural that said "welcome to Oregon" which lots of people signed. We passed around papers that are/will be put in a picture book for Renee. Dan played his chick-magnet guitar. and Russ Rob and I did a reenactment of The Gong Show, except Renee was the Girl, and I was the guy. Lets face it I was the only one who could have made it that awkward for her:) Oh was it good. She was really nervous, and I was totally playing
into it. then at the end I attacked her with 'attempted' smooches. I completely went 95% of the way, but she didn't feel like I was worth the 5% I guess, so nothing happened [although I made sure it looked like there was from everyone else's' angle]. I'll admit it, it wasn't me, it was her. Right Renee. I actually got nervous when Russ started singing, cause I saw a LOT of cameras come out cause they all knew that funniness was upon them. The way I compensated was to just act up on the couch more with Nay-nay. So it all worked out.

They finally announced the long awaited Relief Society Pres. position. Congratulations Trisha. I think that just means that she's going to tell me not to be mean as much. But its just as Renee said, when they called her name, it totally made sense. And her name was on the Ballot that I had going, so I was happy.

Sunday night the Church after party was another Going Away party celebrating Ryan Tait's departure. Tim made donuts, which were great. But after talking for a while, we had the follow-up party at Greenfield. There we took a moment to celebrate the invention of chocolate milk, and Nesquick. Again it lasted late into the night. We also met the new roomate. She's cool, so so-far we're doing OK with the replacements that are coming in. We just havent' met Evan's replacement yet. Josh and I are/were planning a devious way to tease both he and jeff with, by
filling his head full of scary stories before Jeff met him, but there's still time, ha ha ha.

(I only have 12 min. before its a day late. I gotta go. I hope I didn't leave to much out.)

ps. I took Kristen off the 'Daily Update' list, so don't tell her about anything I say please. Thanks.

No comments: