Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Daily Update

Another beautiful European Day. The wind was blowing gently thru the trees. The sounds of the leaves rustling rang through the air. The low roar of rubber tires whisped by constantly as I walked down the sidewalk of Westwood. The overcast skies provided ample ammounts of scattered ambient lighting for the early morning hours. 'Not to many people are up this early' I told myself multible times.

After my duties at the workplace were complete for the day, I excused myself, and I ran off to a scheduled meeting, that I thought was to take place. The scheduled meeting didn't happen. I showed up a little late, but no one else was there. No one at all. I felt alone and abandoned. So I just started chatting with the old guys that were there, at the designated location. oh well, maybe next time.

Re-gathering my thoughts back in the Bat-cave, I was prepairing the evening's agenda with Alfred, when all of a sudden I saw the Bat-Signal shining on the clouds. The ultra-bright halogen spotlight with the Bat-symbol at the center shined bright, it was noticable for miles and miles. Apparently there was a situation in Downtown Gotham City, and they needed my help. I hurried to the 'fire-pole' where I was able to jump into my newly referbished costume disguise. I just had to stand in front of the mirror and flex and pose for a few minutes. Its not easy to be a superhero, even I have to stop and admire myself in a mirror now and then.

At that time I recieved a call from Commissiner Gordon's assistant. He needed me downtown to officiate a meeting with the other 'Super-Best-Friends' group. I raced to the Batmobile, and sped over the Gotham City Hall.

As I arrived the meeting was already underway. Nothing important was being discussed. It has been a fairly quiet season in Gotham City as of late. Most of the Villans are tucked away in prison, or under deep cover and on the run. The superheros are doing a fantastic job in the city. So much so that Hulk and Dare Devil spent most of the time trying to repair a table that the other superheros broke before we got there.

At one point during the evening I noticed some of the other friendly comic book super hero taking an intrest in watching 'Dancing with the Stars'. Apparently they are fans of this dancing Julianne character as well. That show was ok, but he felt a little gay watching The Batchelor. I mean really, what superhero can watch that stuff without laughing the whole time. Normal people are so silly sometimes.

Toward the end of the evening as the discussion was dying down, one superhero, who we'll call... 'Emily' to disguise her true identity, tried to assist a few of us Super-Manly Superhero's in interpreting the intentions of normal, non-super hero type girls. How confusing. 'Emily' started talking about Rules, and Manners, and being polite, and stuff like that. Thats stuff I can do as Bruce Wayne, but NOT as Batman! It is to difficult to cross over rolls like that. We were partially there at City Hall to help train a rising star, who might soon qualify for superhero status, but there was decention among the ranks, some sudo-villan who obviously has been taking lessons from the angry Catwoman. So we as Superhero's were unable to assist this young bud as they grow into stardom. I think next time I won't be able to stop Hulk from just snapping her in two, I don't think anyone will want to stop him from doing it, if you know what I mean.

Batman went to Marvin's Diner for lunch to eat some of the best Cheeseburger-combo ever. He washed it down with an ice cold sprite soda.

Batman is listening so a cool punk band named Big In Japan right now. He borrowed it from a friend of mine. He better give it back before he takes off.

No comments: