Monday, May 14, 2007

Daily Update

Today Jim is sad. He's acually been sad for a few days. My friend Renee moved away. As I went to her house on Saturday morning it was almost like going to a funeral, just minus the dead bodies. It was her (and jessica) who were the first mormon girls to befrend me in LA. I've left friends plenty of times, but this time I didn't really have a say in the matter (not that I should have or anything). Sure I can try to find another 'Litte Liberal Cannonball' as a replacement, (and a psychologist, and a RSP, and someone who hates the NRA, and someone to tease and
pick up and shake, and someone to wipe bbq-sauce on, and someone to go to the Griddle with, etc...)but those are some tough shoes to fill. A friend suggested that I think of all those tears like the Buddists do, as a 'gift' that cleanses the soul. But then I realize i'm a guy and its not cool to admit stuff like that, and buddhists are short pudgy little trolls who always smile, and hold their hands in weird positions while reciting proverbs. I'm currently trying to drown the thoughts
with loud fast music and prank phone calls.

Friday: 5:30pm
On Friday work was wrapping up quickly, the bosses were already gone, there were only three of us, and we were all itching to leave, its just that when Susan left she said Richard (boss) was going to call later to check in. So we felt guilty leaving, but we eventually did anyway. I was feeling ambitious, so I went for a hair cut at Floyd's Barbershop. It was a good time to go, not to many other people there. It was a dude who ended up cutting my hair. It was fine until the very end, and thats when it got weird. So at Flyod's, they have this vibrating device that they attach to one of their hands and they run their hand over your head and shoulders, a novelty gimmic of sorts. So I was familiar with this part of it, but the part where I got nervous was how far HE took this massage device. (I'd like to remind you that this is a barber shop, not a massage parlor.) I thought twice when his hands were running down my arms, but ignored it as I went back to looking at my new self in the mirror. Seconds later, I had to cringe again when he was moving his hands down my back. I thought it was supposed to just be the shoulders afterall.
But I really felt confused when his vibrating hand divice started running down my chest. LUCKILY his hands stopped at the bottom of my rib cage. For a second I thought he would try to go to the stomach! Now THAT would have been weird. I could tell that he wanted to check out my chiseled abs, and other stunning features. I could feel his eyes undressing me the whole time I was there. After all he did have to unbutton my shirt a little bit to 'get better access to my neck'. I didn't remember it being so extensive the last two times I had been there. After he was done molesting me, I ran out the door and cried all the way to my car. Then from my car to my closet at home. I felt a little violated.

After that I hung out at my place for a minute, and dried my tears, then met up with others. We eventually went over to help Renee pack stuff. Apparently we stayed up pretty late. I don't remember the time at all, cause I fell asleep. It was only the next day that Jessica and the others told me how late it was. [Yes, I said Jessica, cause Jeff's laugh kept her (and probably the nighbors) awake till we all went home. (Jessica was in her apartment bedroom, four floors up, and across the street).]

Sat. 9:00am
Now after a few hours of sleep, I met up with the kids super-early, to help Renee out again. This time Jeff made pancakes though. I was suprisingly awake for the early hour that it was. A bunch of people showed up to help load storage unit with her stuff. I had to leave early, which I felt bad about, but From there I went to 'attempt' to see some show called 'Wicked' with some chick named Catherine. It didn't work though, we lost the 'lottery'. We then went downtown to try to catch another matenee show of a different show, but that didn't work either. Catherine was pretty pissed. So as a last resort to an almost failed afternoon we went to see Spiderman. We showed up 20 minutes late, but we still went in.

7:00pm
Later that night we had Evan and Mary's Engagement/Batchelor/Batchelorette party. It was only decided earlier that day, but we went to see Blades Of Glory at the Fox lot. Jeff made cookies, guys huddled around the table so the girls couldn't get to the treat table. It was kind of boy-scoutish. Then Evan and Mary opended gifts, and talked about 'doing-it'. (I suppose the book I got them fueled that fire, sorry guys). Well that made most people nervous, so they scattered. We did play a game there called 'would you rather do...'. I wasn't sure what everyone else was asking, but my question for Evan was "Would you rather do Matthew McConaughey, or Tobey Maguire?" And I asked Mary "Would you rather do Paris Hilton or Lindsey Lohan?" It was good for a laugh. Apparently everyone else was asking stuff like " evan, would
you rather take out the trash , or do the dishes?" and then they would giggle about it for five minutes. I was simply called upon while talking with other people. I wasn't sure what their limits were, cause I origonally had a whole list of super vulgar questions lined up. Luckily Catherine was there to help talk me out of that.

Sun. 11:30am
I was really hoping that my sore-throat would go away with good night's sleep; it didn't work out cause I still can't speak. All the girls thought it was hot, but I couldn't see what they were saying cause I could barley hear myself.

4:30pm
After church there was an ice cream social. It was ment for the new people of the ward, but it was mostly the veterans that showed up. Jeff was trying to guilt Trisha into meeting all the girls that Jeff didn't know. I think he's trying to turn her into his personal introduction service. Then again, maybe I should too (wink, wink).

5:30pm
After snack time I took a nap. Wow, was it delightfull. I fell asleep to the calming sounds of Guns N Roses, it was their concert live in Tokyo. After a short 2 hour hibernation I went over to Veteran to hang out. It turned into more of an 'Evan-Enduring-Fest'. He's growing more annoying lately. He's taking liberties that I'd NEVER let fly in my appartment. But whatever, he only has a week left of being single right, and he needs the attention.

Monday 8:45am.
Sore throat still, late for work, didn't care. Crossant for breakfast.

I got my Gn'R dvd's this weekend, as well as John Mclean, and One Man Army CD's.

I'm listening to 'Vincent' by Don McLean right now.

Lunch was hosted by the ice cream counter at Rite Aid.

No comments: