Friday, December 19, 2008

Trisha's Annual Cookie Party!

So after weeks of negotiations with Trisha's people, we finally settled on a time for the Christmas Cookie Party. In the days leading up to this event, I spent hours of preparation, scheduling, and planning out every detail possible to make it a completely fabulous event. After work on Wednesday I hurried home to find Cheryl baking away. She made two full tubs of splendidly plain sugar cookies (ready for decoration), AND a large plate of Peppermint Brownies! It took all my willpower to not take a bite out of them before she was finished frosting them.

Also, as I was preparing to leave work, I got a voice mail from Josh, saying that they were planning to go out to eat before the long awaited Cookie Party. THEN on the way home from work I got a call from Jeff, seeing if I had received Josh's message. 5 minutes later, while still on the way home, I got a call from Josh, seeing if I had gotten his first message. I figured if they were that excited for me to attend, I better attend, otherwise I'd never hear the end of it. And I wanted to support them in their party planning endeavors. We went to some Mexican Place down by where Jeff works. It was OK, and I might one day think of going there again.

No comments: