Saturday, December 29, 2007

Daily Update - Happy Birthday Edition

Hello Friends. I've been on break as you might have noticed. Its been great. On friday at work they told us to leave, cause the bosses didn't want to stay. They also told us that there's no need to come into work on Monday or Tuesday for New Year's Eve, or New Years' Day. They figured that half the office would be hung over, and the other half would be blogging about what had just happened the night before all day, so they just told us to 'Keep it Real' somewhere else. That made it easier for me, cause I was planning a big elaborate scheme to get sick right before the USC football game on Tuesday, cause I didn't want to miss it.

As some of you know it was my Birthday on Saturday. There weren't to many people in town to help me celebrate. But thats OK, I'm used to being 'out of town' on my birthday, and those that were there still had a grand ol' time. Last year I was driving a U-Haul truck down to LA from Sacramento. This year I spent it decorating my Gingerbread Castle, watching college football on TV, and just hanging out.

In the evening a few of us had planned to meet up and go to Dinner at Chili's. I was tempted to go up to Pasadena with Renee and EmWin, but 'Something came up' and I just plain-ol' didn't go anywhere. At Chili's I ate a BBQ Ranch Bacon Burger. It was good, and much to large for any one person's stomach, and I could barley fit it into my mouth. Ahhh, it was heaven. I shouldn't have eaten it all, but I did. It was a pride thing I think. I think I'm still full from that meal (which isn't a bad thing, but it is something worth noting). Then Emily, the good friend that she is, did a good thing by telling Julio our waiter that it was My birthday. This means only one thing at any self-respecting restaurant, thats right, Free Desert! Oh, the Molten Chocolate Cake, thou delight of my day! How I love(d) thee, all the way to my stomach.

Thanks for all your love/ support/ tolerance/ understanding/ friendships throughout the years.

I'll try to let you all know when I buy my delicious Costco Birthday Cake (there 'might' be a few of them).

No comments: