Friday, October 19, 2007

Daily Update

When will the misery finally stop?! We just stopped working on the stuff from last night (we weren't finished, but the meeting started, so we just stopped working on it). Seconds later they tell me that the next deadline for this project is 'next week'. Oh, ok... but when next week. Oh, that would be Tuesday of NEXT Week! Thats not next week! Thats in 4 days! 2 of those days are Weekend days and I DON'T do weekends! So that leaves Friday night (tonight)(can't, I have football) and Monday, I wanted to carve pumpkins, but I guess after last year when I had to race a kid to the Emergency room for slicing his hand wide open, it might be ok if I don't
go.

So having strategically informed the guys at work that I have an important Flag-Football Practice a few days ago, he begrudgingly let me leave early, at 7:30. I rushed straight to the ward building for our 'Team Meeting' and 'Carb Loading' event. There was a hungry team waiting there for the food as I pulled up. I was franticly working on 12 things at once so I wasn't much help, but everyone played basketball as I showed some people the rules and others ate. We didn't end up watching a movie, and I was just fine with that, although Jeff was a little miffed.

Last night as I got home from the day's events, I fell backwards onto my bed, or should I say my 'fluffy cloud nesting blankets'. There's something about my pillows that immediately render me unconscious and wisp me quickly away to dreamland. So last night after falling into my nightly nest, I attempted to read, but only remember that because I woke up early in the wee morning hours still fully dressed and with my had reaching for my nightly reading material. It was extra hard to leave my fluffy white sleeping cloud in the morning.

I'm listening to the latest European Techno right now.

I didn't have time to have a sponsor for lunch.

No comments: