Friday, June 1, 2007

Daily Update

Happy Donut day everybody. to celebrate, this morning I went to Stan's Donuts, around the corner from my work. OK, I'll be honest, I've been celebrating all week, and I'm not ashamed of it! Mmmm.

I went running yesterday. I felt like a piece of ground beef sitting on the side of the road, wishing I was a steak. Similarly to Tuesday, I wasn't able to reach my full potential. My times were 18:34 on lap one, and 38:05 for lap two. Its like I was a mid-sized zebra, running through the Serengeti's marsh lands knee deep in the muggy waters, dodging the same potholes that I was leaping over two ago.

Matt and I went over to Autumn's and visited with her for a little bit. Traffic sucked getting there. We ended up talking about nerdy stuff like star wars, and comic books the whole time. I'm sure Matt was loving it.

I started painting for a minute. It really didn't work out, cause the paints I have dry much to quickly, even in a sealed container. And the paint thinner I got doesn't work. I think water would clean my brushes better. this is different stuff that I mentioned before. Its a little annoying.

So, my next adventure is still confusing to me. I originally went over to KA's cause they were doing Yoga. Jill has a level 3 yoga black belt apparently. I thought it would be good for me to get back into stretching stuff, after all it has been a while. But ... about 2 minutes after I get there, Jeff and Josh call and decided they want to watch a movie somewhere. I informed them of the intentions of the apartment, (which didn't involve movies or TV) but they would have none of it, Their plans were to commandeer the apartment, and watch movies. I am sure of this because of the amount and level of insults they used (toward me about yoga[although they were kind of funny]) in our 5 minute phone conversation. I'm still confused of the details because THEY CHANGED THEIR STORY as the night went on. I knew it wasn't going to be good when they decided to try to break in to KA's apartment thru the side window, a half floor up. In the next 10 minutes they changed the story twice, and did what ever they could to make ME look like the bad guy. I did nothing I tell you, which may have been the problem. They left, then Kristen informed me that yoga was canceled and sent me on my way as well.

So eventually we all trickled over to Jessica's where the 'friendly' arguing and 'friendly' insults continued to fly LATE into the night, as the room ates and neighbors attempted to sleep. We also watched some old movie called "the Ghost and Mr. Chicken". It was the typical Don Knotts comedy. I finally left cause it was late, but I had reservations doing so, cause they/we were all still arguing about what had just transpired. (they changed their story again at this point). My eyes told me to go and sleep, but my reputation wanted me to stay and defend myself. The eyes won because they realized that the other two weren't going to stop changing their story of how things transpired.

I'm just mad at myself for answering the phone in the first place.

Today is my One Year Anniversary for working here at CSA Architects. Its been a long interesting year. Nothing like school at all. Its good for me though. Only two more years until I can get my own license. Which means this is the year that I need to start taking the eight 5-hour examinations that lead up to the 9th and dreadful 'Oral Exam'. The most difficult of all tests.

I'm listening to Pennywise right now. Its good uplifting punk music, hosted by the new Punk channel on satellite radio.

I am still looking for a sponsor for lunch. no, oh wait... Ok, I just lined something up. Lunch was sponsored today by Marvin's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What the deuce... It was donut day today? That explains why my co-workers were stuffing their faces... doh!