Monday, April 23, 2007

Daily Update

Hello friends. Sorry, its a little long, but I thought it was worth it.

On Friday night, I was hoping for something exciting to happen. I was hoping for a car chase to happen in front of me, or a movie star to appear, or a rich guy to hand out lots of free money when i was right there. But no such luck. On Friday A few of us met up with Renee and some of her friends. The plan was to go bowling. That, in theory, would have been fun, but I guess the Bowling gods didn't think we were worthy enough to enjoy its fruits. There were 9 of us. We made our offering and they had us stand in line. We stood in line for quite some time. Then they gave us a number. We were number one (but they didn't have to tell me that). As we waited
I roamed from group to group, nomadically. Between Air hockey and Ms. Packman I had a quite informative evening. One of the little bits of enlightenment that came to me in this stupor of thought was to never go back to this forsaken alley again! After an hour and a half of waiting for ANYTHING to happen, we decided to leave. And then it took another 15 minutes to decide how and when to leave. In this time I did decide to ask people, like Jeff, about when they want to be home, and/or when they need to get up before I start telling them to come with to the evening
activities. Some people just wanted to go straight to bed, some wanted to hang out, and some to find a pool hall. Fascinating I tell you.

On Saturday Sara and I hung out. We ended up stopping by Costco for supplies for the planned BBQ at their place, and then we went to the Star Wars Exhibit downtown by usc. It was fun. Smaller than I thought. More kids than I thought. We walked by about 12 wedding parties that were parading thru the rose gardens. I was in quite a few wedding pictures. Don't worry, I smiled, waved, or gave them all a thumb's up. The exhibit was cool. lots smaller than I expected, but it was free. We saw a bunch of costumes, robots, and scale models from Star Wars. Man were
there a lot of uber-nerds there! I thought I was a dork sometimes... no way! Some retard even came dressed up a s some jedi. I started mumbling questions his way like "shouldn't jedi be taller?", or "Aren't jedi supposed to be not so dorky looking?" I wanted to challenge him to a fight in front of the 2 dozen kids following him around, then I thought it would be better to just push him over and tell him not to Grope me with the force anymore. But I didn't. I should have
though.

After that adventure Sara dropped me off at the first installment of Stake Conference. :( YEs, it was still saturday afternoon. It was actually quite lovely. During the regular meeting Kristen proved that she was a pretty good artist. Turns out she's been hiding her talent under a bushel. I'm now helping her over come that fear by announcing it here. :)

Jessica had a stake conf. after party, so we all had Ice Cream at her place, then made a run for the border at 11:45 to Del Taco. So this is where it got interesting. Upon completing our mission to Del Taco I had to run upstairs to get my book bag. when I got back downstairs, The car ride home wasn't visible, so I started walking home. whatever, no big deal. Well then jeff calls and I ask where they went, "Oh No, we're right out side, where did you go, We'll come get you - be
there in two seconds". I wait for maybe two minutes and decide that they are dumb and I'll just finish walking home. it was just as easy. Then all of a sudden jessica, the driver screeches around the corner from the opposite direction, with an empty car. Hmmm interesting how you got there if I somehow just barley 'missed' you. but wait, how could she have dropped the others off in the last 2 min. Oh thy tangled webs! Oh No, they weren't around the corner. They were NOT two seconds away, they were NOT coming to pick me up because the bus had already left. I was
really fine with walking home, but The lies had been dispersed, and the backward stabbing had been done. The treachery had become obvious at this moment! In this instant of revelation, as jessica did drive me home, a furious steam boiled within me. Only my confusion and disbelief held back the rage that I had within me, and it was painful. (I will pause for a moment so you all can stop laughing) Now let me tell you what I was thinking, as a background. I must say, I'm not sure that I believe jeff could have come up with this on his own; but this was the same person
who I've driven almost EVERYWHERE for the past MANY monthS! I didn't think that a person that I have given countless rides to, picked up from work, taken to stores, taken with shopping, etc, etc, would do sutch a thing as to tell me to wait somewhere while I DON'T get a ride. He doesn't drive so I'd like to think I'm helping someone out. But No. That is not how it was. I don't know about you, but I didn't really like getting the empty 'thank-you' gauntlet slapped at me like that. IT was just surprising. I had to think if there was something I did to deserve this action, which could have been possible, but jessica confirmed the contrary as she explained that she (the driver) was forced to go thru with this treachery; the whole phone conversation went down as they were almost a mile away from where I was driving AWAY from my location. That is why I think I was a little upset. (The old jim wrote this paragraph, but the new jim had to edit it down 4 times and delete 27 bad words or phrases) But I think its all settled now.

Sunday Conf. was nice. So when I try to give someone the cold shoulder I try to be VERY obvious about it. I was explaining this to jessica as we sat there (who was nice enough to save us seats at conf.) who, I think, only then realized the magnitude of his situation. Jeff wandered in announcing, "why didn't you save us seats" about 'his' group, and I almost threw a hymn book at him, and told him to 'get bent'. After the meeting I think jessica explained to him what doing that
ment, so then he realized it REALLY pissed me off, and he apologized. So now I'm just mad that he/they didn't understand what doing that actually meant. Gee, I'm sure they didn't realize that I had just spent a good part of my day shopping, spending a lot of money on food... for them! But, whatever. Later we all hung out and watcned 4 episodes of that Planet Earth show. Then I got really tired and fell asleep.

Did everyone hear that Linda got engaged? Ya, I know, Boring.

Did you all hear that the Pope got rid of 'Limbo' for catholics? now babies don't go straight to hell. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070420/ts_nm/pope_limbo_dc) ( in case you want to read more about it)

I bought some more paint, gearing up for the week of painting ahead; and 'seal-wax' for my seal over the weekend. It is fun.

I'm still looking for a sponsor for Lunch.

I'm listening to Nelly Furtado right now.

Man-boxes scheduled for late tonight, and tomorrow night, I think.

-thanks for hanging in there till the end. :)

No comments: