Thursday, March 29, 2007

Daily Update

Went shopping yesterday after work. I wanted to find some 'threads' similar to the
clothing that my older brother wouldn't let me buy when we were in Utah. What a
parent; "Don't buy that, Don't Say that, Be quite, You're being rude, Put your pants
back on, don't drive on the sidewalk" all things I've had to endure from him.
Right Buddy. So anyway, I was at the 3rd street Prominade. Apparently Joe called
the stores ahead of time because after my initial walk thru (to see what stores I
wanted to stop at) they all started closing on me! Exactly as I approached the
front doors, someone would pop out from behind the maniquin display. It was like I
had leporsy or something. There were however three stores that I was able to
patronize(they were open later than the others.) At Barns n' Nobles I asked some
clerk for a drawing book. It took him about 5 minutes to describe where to go
(correct answer should have been "first floor- to the right of the registers")and
how extensive the collection was that they had (lots of stuff, some good, lots of
crap). Then another 5 min. for him to tell me how much he loved drawing himself.
Now, I asked for a perspective geometry drawing book. He then recomended some book
to me called Anatomy for artists. (Drawing buildings and people is different). I
happened to notice this book when standing there, so I decided to venture a peek.
Oh Boy. I cracked its pages and immediatly noticed that the back half of the book
was spacifically pictures and drawings of guys 'Dongs'. I assure you all that the
book was not open for more than a tenth of a second! I didn't like that drawing
book. I will not be buying it. And I don't like lookin at dudes!

In the next store I went, some high school kid, who worked there, starts asking me
what I was looking for. I told him "nothing" and walked off. I started looking at
shorts, so 'Monkey boy' starts asking me what size/color/style i was interested in.
So suprised in his persistance, I mumbled something like: "what, are you trying to
come onto me?" He didn't hear, but he did keep following me like a crazed fan.

In the last store, there were mostly chicks there, and I'm actually not entirly sure
it was a store for guys, so I won't tell you the name, but everyone was nice there
(sassy too).

Today walking back to the office after lunch, I had to confront a dangerous band of
environmentalists. Luckily I saw them coming so when they asked if I wanted to help
them fix the environment, All I could think of saying was "I work for Exxon". He
didn't say anything, and I kept walking.

Lunch was brought to us by Jamba Juice, the letter K, and the number 7.

I'm listening to a utah local band called Lazy Eye.(the band who performed at Anna's
cabin that one time)

No comments: