Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Daily Update

Work has been kind of boring lately, but its not the good kind of boring where I can
listen to music and email people or just goof off. Its the kind of boring that
keeps me busy. For the past two days I've been editing whats called a 'Door and
Hardware Schedule'. Just imagine, if its included in a building, it needs to be
written down so the contractors will add it to a building. The 100 page
document/report that I was going thru was just a huge long list of every door, door
handle, door frame, door hinge, and door material that could possibly be included in
a building. Wow, its like reading a math book for fun! But not only reading it,
Reading one book, and compairing that book to two others, to make sure they all
match. I'd rather watch paint dry than do to much more of this.

One thing that bothers me at work is when I'm talking with bosses or co-workers,
sitting peacfully in front of our big store-front window, when chicks start parading
by our meetings in jogging outfits, or clubbing attire, or beach wear. How dare
they.

I think I forgot to mention yesterday that I saw a bunch of hookers in Westwood
again. Similar to the scanty clad chicks prancing by our large picture window, but
the only difference with these chicks is that their outfits were somewhat
transparent, or so I heard. Someone else noticed so I didn't have to. At first, I
noticed them cause they were J-walking. Then I noticed that they were staggering in
their walk (drunk or clumsy). Then it looked like they were wearing silk nighties,
having just crossed the street in front of 'Vickies'. Then the trasnparency issue
came into play. Then giving them the full 'check-out', I noticed them both wearing
'stripper-heels'. They were stumbling toward the street corner where I usually see
them.

So last night I went running again after a 5 day hiatus. After a brief stretch of
the ligaments, I was off. Right out of the starting gates I was unprepaired. I
was determined this time to a strong finish, and an overall enjoyable running
experience. 5 minutes in I decided to push my luck so I opened 'er up to a full
jog. It was a 'hurried' pace rather than a 'hustle', but still pretty good if I do
say so myself. I was like a Tiger gripping the track with my claws. I was strong
and ferocious. At some points during the race I would periodically turn around,
thinking I heard someone behind me. Being cautious, I would look behind me; seeing
nothing I continued running; I just blamed it on my keen sense of hearing. It took
until the end of my journey before I realized that those sounds were actually coming
from me. The sound from my super-sleek and aerodynamic shoes traveling at 344
meters per second was reaching my ears about 1.5 seconds after my foot hit the
trail, meaning that I was traveling just over the speed of sound. It may not work
out mathmatically, but it works out in my mind, I assure you. My tiger like
nocturnal vision helped in this run greatly. The city of Brentwood decided to
replace some of the telephone poles along the track, leaving weird pot holes in
places, as well as bumps and hills in other places. Luckily I was able to see these
obsticles ahead of time, and to compensate appropriatly with my animal like
reflexes. No one ran by me today. I was to good. But as soon as I stopped thats
when I started seeing all the people following me. Just as I was wondering
aimlessly during my cool-down stetch, I noticed a little Korean dude in street
clothes wobbling by. I almost had to fignt him. I was pretty sure that he was a
Ninja Scout. He followed me for a while, and then when I stopped, he passed me and
kept going. I left shortly after, so I didn't have to deal with the Ninja fighters.
I've got kind of annoyed with the last gang of evil ninja's that attacked me. They
are so lame.

Later, I ended up at Jeff's place for a short TV watching episode. then, realizing
it was already late, I had to run downtown again. I really need to stop staying out
so late.