Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Daily Update

It was a cold dark night. The wind was blowing. Trees rustling in the background.
I was driving on a deserted un-lit street on my way to my own neighborhood. I was
pondering life as the winter leaves brushed by my windshield. It was about then
when I had remembered that closed toe sandals and injured Big-toes don't go together
to well. My injury will set back my Summer Shoe Plan. Similarly, another delay in
that plan: I was playing with knives this morning, and sliced my other big toe
pretty good. Someone should really take my knives away from me.

Although it was freezing cold most of the day, I couldn't let myself down, so I
still went running. I got a late start, due to an unusual number of phone calls
early in the evening (2)[thats not a footnote, its the number of calls I got]. It
was another glorious day on the track. After adjusting my techniques the night
earlier with Coach Rider, my performance was improved signifacantly. From the
moment I stepped out of my car, I was ready to race. I ran so fast that I even tore
my left sock where the neck joins the heel. I was a great Springbok as my hooves
paraded triumphantly on the dirt path. There was no one else on the track for me to
display my power against, so that made it somewhat limiting, but if there was... oh
boy I can't even imagine. I would guess that the weather discouraged people from
competing against the Great Springbok. But it won't slow me down. I swiftly
pounced across the pavement taking complete control of my destiny. At one point I
noticed a person across the street competing with me for the lead, how dare they.
They were no threat to my skills. As I was staring them down at one point, I must
have forgotten about the branches that I usually have to dodge, because this time as
I looked elsewhere, they said 'hello' by whapping me in the face repeatedly. I got
a little distracted, but quickly regained composure. Just as in the wild, the
mighty Springbok had to leap over the rainy puddles and dodge trees. I did so in
record time too, although I didn't keep track, It sure felt like it should have been
a track record at least.

After running I went to Jeff's place to announce my victory. Similar to the episode
of 'The Office' when Jim trains Dwight to ask for an Altoid when he hears a bell
ringing, I think Jeff has subliminally learned to ask if I want to get something to
eat when he sees me. But I'm OK with it. Since I didn't have my wallet, I conned
him into making pancakes. They were yummy, but I didn't want to give him to much
praise, so I had to humble him and challenge him to make them better next time. you
see, if he gets to good and prideful about his food then he won't think that he
needs the practice, or excercise his talent. Thats where I come in. I'm just doing
it for him you see. I'm such a good friend.

A bit later Josh came over and announced that he needed Ice cream. I really didn't
take long for the rest of us to decide to accompany him in this endevor. As we got
in the car, evan was on the phone, so all the guys decided to greet Mary as well.
Well, Evan didn't like it apparently casue as soon as he hung up the phone he
slapped me in the back of the head! It wasn't just a love tap, I could tell he was
pissed. And I did nothing wrong! What a dork. Just cause I was closest, dosent'
mean I was most deserving. He then accused us guys, in the 5 seconds that our
worlds shared the same space, of making Mary have a bad day. He was being gay and
freaking out, so we all started yelling at him until we got to jessica's house, when
we started acting like angels. I of course wouldn't shut up about being slapped the
whole night. (What a baby). I We ended up going to Wendy's. After that adventure,
Josh just drove us around the neighborhoods; well drove isn't the best word, his car
idled, and just coasted at 1-2 miles an hour. Then he checked his breaks, then we
went 'off roading' into curbs and hedges and trash cans. We got pretty gitty, and
at some points couldn't stop laughing. I don't remember why. After four or five
laps we finally dropped Jessica off then went home.

Tomorrow there's a fancy lecture downtown at USC. Some world renowned Architect
named Rem Koolhaas. Have you heard of Him? It should be interesting. He's
considered a 'Hedgehog' in case you took Bob Harris's class with me at SC. I 'm
going cause I know of a few teachers who will want to have arguments with him :)

I ate at Marvins again. Mmmm

I was also cold at work. I need more insulation.

wow, it got late quick. busy at work today...